Current Career Opportunities:
Position: Marketing Manager Reports To: Executive Director
Job Classification: Non-Exempt Location: Rapid City, serves Black Hills Region
Opens: February 27, 2017 Closes: March 17, 2017
The Marketing Manager is a results oriented communications professional responsible for developing, implementing, assessing, and refining marketing communications for the United Way of the Black Hills (UWBH). The overall goal is to increase the UWBH messaging to engage volunteers, donors, partner agencies, and community members year-round. The Marketing Manager is responsible for the general oversight of the United Way’s marketing strategy to include marketing material development, communication strategies, website maintenance, and social media presence.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop messaging and communications to clearly convey the United Way story and impact work.
- Write communications on the organization’s mission and success in community in the impact areas of education, income and health that is accurate, jargon-free, and connected to the community goals.
- Produce marketing communication collateral that highlight objectives, successes, and connection to the community goals. Develops processes and systems to ensure the information is accurate and agreed upon by all involved parties.
- Work with UW staff to maintain and increase volunteer and media participation for Day of Caring.
- Work with UW staff on boosting awareness of the Campaign for Grade Level Reading effort in Rapid City.
- Support the annual workplace campaigns through the development of campaign materials, video, collateral, etc. working with any outside vendors.
- Obtain, write and format success stories from donors, recipients, volunteers, and agencies.
- Create messaging for campaign volunteers and train speakers on key message points.
- Provide talking points and train United Way staff and Board on an ongoing basis.
- Assist the Executive Director on campaign calls and presentations as needed.
- Builds positive external relationships with community members, volunteers, agency partners, and donor groups.
• Increase UWBH’s on-line presence.
- Collaborate across departments to produce and post compelling content for the organizations website to ensure that the site makes it easy for visitors to give, advocate or volunteer in support of UW’s community impact goals.
- Provide strategy and content for core United Way communications including eNewsletters, social media, and the website ensuring the consistency of voice and promote the use of key messages in all published pieces.
- Increase UW’s social media presence including regular use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Establish effective benchmarks for measuring impact of online and social media programs including but not limited to Google Analytics, Facebook insights, Twitter followers, etc.
- Build web readership and drive site traffic through the use of effective web marketing to engage.
- Create and track e-blasts, invitations for UW events, newsletter and promotions.
• Creative thinker with strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner
• Ability to work independently and within an team environment
• A minimum of 2 years experience in marketing and communications, degree in field preferred
• Knowledge of United Way business model and nonprofit community preferred
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite
• Extensive knowledge of social media tools including Facebook and Twitter
• Photoshop and InDesign experience preferred
• Website design and maintenance experience preferred
• Excellent organization, project management, and time-budgeting skills to manage multiple projects with ease and attention to detail.
• Ability to complete tasks on time and meet the outlined expectations of that task
• Positive, flexible attitude with a high level of energy
• Passion for United Way’s mission
• Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear
• Must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively, courteously and with a professional manner
• Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds on occasion
• Frequent travel is required. Must be able to drive with a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends as needed
• Must be able to handle a moderate level of stress periodically caused from tight deadlines
• Must be able to handle moderate office noise
Please mail your resume attention to:
United Way of the Black Hills
c/o: Jamie Toennies
621 Sixth Street, Suite 100
Rapid City, South Dakota 57701
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org