Current Career Opportunities:
United Way of the Black HillsThe Development Director is responsible for developing, executing, and achieving UWBH’s fundraising and relationship management objectives within a portfolio of workplace accounts throughout the Black Hills region. This position performs managerial, sales, public relations, analytical and coordination tasks to support the mission of UWBH to engage people to give, advocate and volunteer aligned with the strategic priorities of the organization. This position works closely with the United Way of the Black Hills Executive Director and staff in a collaborative and cohesive manner to reach the organization’s goals.
Responsible for exhibiting professionalism and leadership qualities on behalf of the United Way of the Black Hills, working with the Board of Directors, staff and volunteers in the pursuit of UWBH’s mission and attainment of its strategic goals. Essential duties and responsibilities include leadership, management of initiatives, and resource development.
• Utilize Raiser’s Edge and other resources to support data-informed decision-making about workplace accounts, analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and develop work plans which maximize potential for giving.
• Create and achieve annual and long-term business plan objectives needed to secure the resources under management necessary to support the work of UWBH including developing and attaining annual fundraising goals.
• Develop and implement a year-round strategic relationship program that encourages donors to give, advocate, and volunteer.
• Implement workplace campaign best practices including leadership giving and donor retention.
• Once funding is secured, create and conduct programs of stewardship for donors.
• Provide direction and support to board members, campaign volunteers, and employee workplace coordinators in development of campaign plans and monitor progress throughout the campaign season. Conduct annual campaign trainings for volunteers.
• Work with the Executive Director and Marketing Manager to develop effective campaign materials.
• Maximize giving growth to retain our current donor base and develop new business opportunities within the workplace campaign.
• Act as a spokesperson for United Way of the Black Hills as directed by the Executive Director.
• Represent the United Way of the Black Hills at community activities to enhance the organization’s profile.
• Assist the Executive Director in the development of appropriate and inclusive partnerships with local businesses and civic organizations.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• Three years minimum of development, special events, or marketing experience or comparable experience considered
• Creative problem solving skills
• Knowledge of sales, marketing and public relations methods and techniques
• Strong project and event management skills
• Ability to conduct basic research and obtain necessary information
• Ability to recruit, train and supervise the work of volunteers
• Grant writing and management preferred
• PC skills in a Windows environment, especially Excel
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high quality environment
• Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad audience
• Ability to analyze and understand financial and statistical data
• Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Frequent travel is required throughout the Black Hills. Must have dependable vehicle with a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends as needed
• Customer Relationship Management: Puts the customer at the center of every activity, process and communication; engages customers to improve their experience with the UWBH brand.
• Results Orientations: The capacity to be energized and excited by challenging objectives and a concern for exceeding goals set by self or others; achieves high level, sustainable performance.
• Integrity: Consistently honoring commitments and taking responsibility for actions and words.
• Flexibility: Demonstrates adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others, understanding their attitudes, needs, interests, and perspectives.
• Continuous Learning and Self Mastery: Develops and applies skills and capability by continual on the-job learning; learns quickly when facing new challenges; continually focuses on personal development and growth.
• Inclusiveness: The ability to network and partner with all stakeholders including broad and diverse representation of private/public and traditional/non-traditional community organizations.
• Strategic Thinking: utilizes knowledge of the industry to leverage the organization's strengths; seeks out new channels and venues to deliver UWBHs message.
• Accountability/Brand Stewardship: takes responsibility for the use and protection of all resources in his/her control; ensures use of resources that aligns with the mission of MUW as well as with customer expectations.
To Apply: Please e-mail a copy of your resume and a cover letter by June 3rd to email@example.com